Garmin Sport PRO is a simple, intuitive, 1-hand operation dog training device for sporting dog owners. It features a quick turn dial with positive clicks to indicate changing up to 10 stimulation levels and 4 training buttons to control continuous and momentary stimulation, vibration, tone, and lights. Train up to 3 dogs (additional dog devices required, sold separately) with a 3/4 mile range and use settable BarkLimiter to keep things quiet.
Both the handheld transmitter and the dog device collars are designed to withstand all the blows, bumps and sloppy conditions of training and hunting. The dog device comes with 2 lengths of removable, stainless, insulated contact points for reliable performance in wet conditions and extended comfort for the dog.
The Sport PRO handheld is water-rated to IPX7 and even floats; the dog device is water-rated to 1 ATM (10 meters). The transmitter and dog device both feature a long-lasting, rechargeable, user-replaceable lithium-ion battery. A battery life indicator on the transmitter and dog device lets you know when to recharge the system.
• 4 Training Buttons: 4 training buttons for continuous and momentary stimulation, vibration, and tone.
• Tone and Vibration: Buttons on the handheld can activate tone signal and vibration control on the dog device.
• Beacon Lights: Remote control of LED beacon lights on the dog device for low light conditions; visible up to 100 yards away.
• LED Status Light: LED status light for quick, at-a-glance read.
• Settable BarkLimiter: Built-in BarkLimiter on the dog device is easily settable from the handheld to stop unwanted barking.
• 3/4 Mile Range: Train dogs up to 3/4 miles away.
• Rechargeable Batteries: Long-lasting, rechargeable, user-replaceable, lithium-ion batteries for both handheld (up to 60 hours) and dog device (up to 60 hours); includes battery life indicator on handheld and dog device to know when to charge the system.
Returning features in the Garmin Tri-Tronics Sport PRO
• 10 Intensity levels: 10 levels of continuous and momentary stimulation
• 3 Dog Selection Switch: Ability to train up to 3 dogs (additional dog devices required, sold separately)
• Long and Short Contacts: Includes 2 length (long and short) of removable, stainless steel, insulated contact points for reliable performance in wet conditions and extended comfort for the dog.
• Tough, Water-Resistant: Designed for ruggedness and reliability with a water rating of IPX7 for the handheld and 1 ATM for dog device.
• 3/4” Replaceable Collars: Compatible with 3/4” polyurethane-coated nylon collar straps; available in multiple collars (sold separately)
Garmin Tri-Tronics Sport PRO Transmitter (HandHeld)
• 3/4 mile range
• Expandable up to 3 dogs (with purchase of additional collars)
• Fully waterproof (IPX7 rating) – it even floats!
• Ergonomic 1-handed design.
• Quick charge Li-Ion batteries that are also user replaceable (3-5 year lifespan with proper care).
• Approximately 60 hours of battery life.
• LED status indicator
• 10 levels of continuous or momentary stimulation
• Non-stimulating tone and vibration functions
• Spine Mount for attaching Garmin Accessories
• Weighs 4.4 ounces
• Dimensions: 2 1/8” Wide x 5 3/8” Height with antenna
Garmin Tri-Tronics Sport PRO Collar
• Remote controlled, built-in Beacon Lights
• Built-in Bark Limiter activated at the collar
• 3/4" black collar strap with square double buckle and metal keeper fits up to a 24” neck
• Approximate 60 hour battery life
• No external antenna
• Plastic Lexan molded case
• Waterproof collar/receiver to 1 ATM (10 meters)
• Quick charge Li-Ion batteries are use replaceable and last 3-5 years with proper care
• Built-in LED is a battery charge indicator and test light
• On/Off switch activated at the collar
• Weight: 3.5 ounces
• Receiver dimensions: 1.7” Height x 3.1” Width x 1.7” Depth
• Collar strap dimensions: 3/4" x 27”
Garmin Tri-Tronics Sport PRO comes with:
• Handheld waterproof transmitter (IPX7 rating)
• Waterproof dog device receiver with 3/4” collar
• Set of short and long contact points
• Contact point wrench
• AC adapter
• Split adapter cable
• Collar receiver charging clip
• Owner’s Manual
Is the Garmin Sport PRO Waterproof?
Yes, the Garmin Sport PRO is waterproof. The Sport PRO Transmitter has a IPX7 rating, meaning that it can withstand exposure to water up to 1 meter deep for 30 minutes. The Sport PRO Transmitter also floats. The PT10 dog device has a 1ATM rating, meaning that it can withstand depths of up to 10 meters of water.
How do I pair a Sport PRO?
Start with the collar off, have the dial on the transmitter set to 1 and the dog toggle on the desired color.
Press and hold the power button on the collar, the LED light will flash green, blue, then amber. On amber, press continuous on the transmitter.
The collar will do a beeping jingle showing that it was paired.
Your collar is now paired and ready to use.
What are the major differences between the Garmin Sport PRO and the Tri-Tronics Sport Basic?
The Garmin Sport PRO has several added new features, which include the addition of a vibration training button, built in LED beacon lights, and a built-in BarkLimiter. For an complete comparison between the Sport PRO and Sport Basic see our: Garmin Sport PRO vs Tri-Tronics Sport Basic blog article.
Can I expand my Sport PRO to train more than 1 dog?
Yes, the Sport PRO can have up to 3 PT10 dog devices paired at a time. These are selected using the Black, Blue, and Red selecting of the toggle switch near the top of the face of the transmitter. The PT10 dog devices can be found here: Garmin PRO PT10 Additional Dog Collar.
Can the Garmin Sport PRO operate the Garmin Beeper collar?
No, the Garmin Sport PRO cannot operate the Garmin Beeper devices. The Garmin PRO 550 and the Garmin Delta Upland XC are the only devices that are compatible with the Garmin Beeper device.
What is the warranty on the Garmin Sport PRO system?
The Garmin Sport PRO has a 1 year warranty against product defects. Warranty exchanges for Sport PRO's bought through Lion Country Supply will be handled through Lion Country Supply’s service department, any system bought outside of LCS will have to go through Garmin directly.
Warranty does not apply to: cosmetic damage, such as scratches, nicks and dents; consumable parts, such as batteries, unless product damage has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship; damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, water, flood, fire, or other acts of nature or external causes; damage caused by service performed by anyone who is not an authorized service provider of Garmin.
Lion Country Supply is proud we are now accepting trade-ins on Tri-Tronics and Garmin E-Collar systems, extra collars, and handhelds. The trade-in value you receive will be used towards the purchase of a brand new Garmin, SportDOG, DT Systems, or Dogtra system through Lion Country Supply. We will be accepting both working AND non-working electronics. Please include chargers and accessories if available. More information on the trade in program see, LCS Trade-In Program.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
SportDOG has just announced the release of two new e-collar systems. These two systems will be the first e-collars to introduce dog biometrics into an e-collar platform. Using SportDOG’s BodyGuard technology, the receiver will take readings on key biometrics of your dog and alert the handler if those metrics get out of a safety zone.
Lion Country Supply will be holding our annual Bird Dog Days event this year on August 25th and 26th. This year, Lion Country Supply is going to make some changes to our Bird Dog Days event. Friday will have in-store specials, e-collar software updating, and trade-in specials. Saturday we will be holding a Chukar Challenge.
Dehydration in dogs occurs when the loss of water in a dog’s body exceeds the amount of intake. Dehydration is a spectrum that can range in severity from mild to severe. In serious cases of dehydration, dogs can suffer from collapse, organ failure, and even death. Severely dehydrated dogs require immediate emergency care from his or her veterinarian. If you suspect that your dog is severely dehydrated, contact the veterinarian right away.