It has been almost three years since we started our trade-in program. We felt that it was time to give an update on the program and how it is working.
Our trade-in program was started to with three purposes in mind:
- To help customers save on new equipment.
- Encourage customers who prefer older technology to stay active in the gun dog world by offering quality, used equipment.
- Help reduce E-waste, which is old electronic equipment. Electronic equipment contains a long list of chemicals and metals that are harmful if they end up in the soil, water, and air.
The program is very simple in its design.
You have two options with our trade-in program.
- Option #1: Purchase your new equipment at regular price and send in your used equipment for a credit later. Once we receive your item, we will evaluate your equipment, call with a value, and then credit the agreed upon amount back to the same credit card used for the purchase.
- Option #2: Send in your used equipment first and then purchase your new equipment once you know the value of your gear.
- Based on our records, it seems that most folks chose option #1. The reason being is that we are able to give our customers’ a range of what their used equipment will be worth over the phone before it is sent in and it’s the fastest way to get their new gear.
How We Determine the Worth of Your System
The value of your equipment can vary depending on a few key factors.
- Age of the equipment: Older equipment and models generally get lower trade-in values compared to equipment that is still available on the market.
- Functionality: We test to make sure that the equipment powers on, takes a charge, and performs as intended.
- Overall condition of the equipment:
- We will look for discoloration, deep scratches, and damage to components.
- If it is a handheld; we will look at screen condition, condition of the grips, charging ports, etc.
- Chargers and Accessories: Though not a deal breaker, we would ask for you to send accessories and chargers in with your equipment. This helps us give you the highest value for your equipment. In the case of damaged and non-working equipment; accessories will help us still be able to provide a higher trade-in value.
- We try to be a fair as possible when giving an evaluation on your products. We understand what things are going for in the secondary market. If items are in high demand, we will increase your equipment’s evaluation based on that demand.
How to Help Make the Process Go Faster for Receiving your Trade-In Credit
- It is very helpful if your gear is charged and paired before sending it in. It allows us to test it as soon as we receive it in the mail. We get dozens of trade-ins every week; pre-charging equipment saves us time and will allow us to test, evaluate, and to credit your new purchase much faster.
- Even though it is a pain sometimes (trust me, I know), cleaning your equipment before sending it is also much appreciated. If we have to charge it or try to replace batteries, it takes time to clean the equipment which again will delay the process. If your equipment is skunked, please do try to remove the smell to the best of your ability.
- Last, but most importantly, make sure that you fill out the form we have on our website. If you only do one of these three things, pick this one. It lets us know who you are, provides your contact information, lists the details of your equipment, and description of each item.
What Brands of E-Collars Are Eligible for Trade-In?
We have expanded year over year on what we will accept as trade-ins.
When it started, we kept it very basic with mainly Garmin and Tri-Tronics systems. Today, we accept all major electronic collar systems and launchers. Of course some are worth more than others, but with the new technology and new pricing, every little bit helps with your new purchase. Below is list of some of the brands we accept:
Tri-tronics, Garmin, SportDOG, D.T. Systems, Dogtra, E-collar Technologies, Lovetts, Innotek
Lost your handheld and/or collar, but still have the chargers? We won’t be able to offer much for them, but it’s still worth considering sending them in.
We have had a lot of fun so far with this program and we truly enjoy helping our customers save some money. If you ever have any questions at all about the program or your trade-in please give us a call at 800-662-5202. Also visit our website at www.lcsupply.com to print the trade-in form.
Steven Stiner, General Manager