The Upland Hunter SD-1875 is pinnacle of the SportDOG Brand. The efficiency of this Hunting Dog Collar will provide a situation-programmable transmitter that controls a compact, waterproof collar receiver and at the same time remotely operates a rugged, waterproof audible beeper. By choosing ever second beeping, when your dog is on point, the beeper allows you to find your dog pointing birds in heavy cover. Control and flexibility are always at your fingertips.
The Upland Hunter SD-1875 remote control works in combination with its electronic training collar. The transmitter allows you to turn the beeper on and off remotely as the cover changes or as your dog extends his range from you. This collar is designed for upland bird hunters but can also be used for those who want the ability to locate their dog using a loud audible sound when their dog is out of sight. The “locate” feature is an additional feature we really like. This can be used when all modes are off and the only time the beeper sounds is when you press the “Locate” button on the left side of the handheld. This is a great feature when hunting wild birds when silence is imperative, but you still want to be able to locate your dog in heavy cover.
SportDOG 1875 Upland Hunter features:
SD-1875 Remote:• Waterproof transmitter
SD-1875 Collar• Waterproof collar/receiver
SportDOG SD-1875 Upland Hunter Beeper collar
The SD-1875 Beeper has 9 different sound options that should fit the needs of most hunters and also allow folks to find a sound that they can hear best based on their particular hearing. Another advantage of multiple sounds is that you can easily identify different dogs based simply on sound.
SD-1875 Beeper Sounds:• High Volume Beep
The SD-1875 beeper is designed to be heard at a very long distance- around 500 yards would be common in very open situations. A number of factors affect the distance that you will hear the beeper. Your own hearing, wind, the cover and dog’s location.
Features of SportDOG SD-1875 Upland Hunter• Waterproof and submersible collar, transmitter, and beeper
Watch this video on Youtube!
SportDOG SKU: SD-1875
SportDOG SD-1875 Upland Hunter comes with:
• SportDOG SD-1875 Transmitter
• SportDOG SD-1875 Collar
• SportDOG beeper
• Transmitter antenna
• Short & long contact points
• 3/4 inch grey strap that fits up to 23” neck
• User replaceable, rechargeable batteries in the collar, transmitter, and beeper
• Dual lead battery charger – Saves time because you can charge the collar, transmitter, and beeper at the same time from one plug
• Collar charging cradle with additional beeper plug
• Belt clip & lanyard for the transmitter
• Test light
• SportDOG Owner’s Manual/Operating Guide
• “Behavior & Training Guide” booklet by Charles Jurney with Rick Smith and Tom Dokken and Chris Akin
SportDOG 1875 FAQ:
How do I know if my collar is placed correctly on my dog?
You’ll need enough room to slip 2 fingers under the collar placed on the upper portion of your dog’s neck. The Collar Receiver should not be worn for more than 8 hours out of every 24-hour period. Your dog’s neck and the Contact Points must be washed weekly with a wash cloth and mild hand soap, then rinsed thoroughly.
To ensure a proper fit, follow these steps:
• With your dog standing; center the Collar Receiver where the Contact Points are underneath your dog’s neck, touching the skin. If your dog has a long or thick coat, trim the hair around the Contact Points to ensure consistent contact.
• The Collar Receiver should fit snugly, yet loose enough to allow one finger to fit between the strap and your dog’s neck.
• Allow your dog to wear the collar for several minutes, and then recheck the fit. Check the fit again as your dog becomes more comfortable wearing the Collar Receiver.
How do I program the receiver to the transmitter:
In the video below, SportDOG™ Sales Manager Clay Thompson walks you through matching your transmitter and receiver. For additional help with this or any other system, refer to the "Reset the Collar Receiver" section of your owner’s manual.
How old does a dog have to be to wear this?
Your dog should be able to learn basic obedience commands such as “Sit” or “Stay.” The Collar Receiver may be too large for dogs under 8 pounds.
What level should I use for my dog?
Every dog is different and you cannot predict where your dog’s Recognition Level will be. Watch closely for any slight change in behavior that tells you your dog is feeling the stimulation.
1. With the Collar Receiver turned on and properly fitted to your dog, set the Remote Transmitter’s Intensity Dial at Level 1 and press the Continuous Stimulation Button for 1 to 2 seconds.
2. If your dog shows no reaction to Level 1, go to Level 2 and repeat the process. YOUR DOG SHOULD NOT VOCALIZE OR PANIC WHEN RECEIVING STIMULATION. IF THIS HAPPENS, THE STIMULATION LEVEL IS TOO HIGH AND YOU NEED TO GO BACK TO THE PREVIOUS LEVEL AND REPEAT THE PROCESS.
3. Once you find your dog’s Recognition Level, this is the level you should use when you begin a training exercise.
4. If you have progressed to Level 8 while searching for your dog’s Recognition Level and your dog continues to show no response, check to see if Collar Receiver is snug against your dog’s neck. Then go back to Intensity Level 1 and repeat the process. If your dog still does not indicate he is feeling the stimulation, you have two options: you may either have to trim the hair beneath the Contact Points or switch to the longer Contact Points included in your system.
Does beeper work without the receiver being on the collar?
Yes, the beeper can work remotely without the receiver being on the collar.