Introducing the new TT15 mini track and train dog collar, now available individually or bundled with our Alpha 100 handheld. Similar to the existing TT15 dog collar, the TT15 mini works with the Alpha 100 and Astro 320 / Astro 430 (tracking only) handhelds, but is lighter weight and smaller with a collar diameter of 9.5" to 14".
TT15 Mini Dog Collar Features:
• Smaller Physical Size: Designed for smaller breeds (15-50 lbs) measuring 9.5” to 14” in neck circumference.
• Lighter Weight: TT15 mini is lighter in weight (7.5oz) compared to the standard TT15 dog collar (10.0oz).
• Collar Sleep Mode: Allows you to save the battery life on your dog collar by turning on the sleep mode feature from the handheld.
• 3/4" Collar Straps: Compatible with 3/4" polyurethane-coated nylon collar straps; available in multiple colors (sold separately).
• GPS/GLONASS: Top-mounted, high-sensitivity GPS and GLONASS receiver for increased signal reception.
• Vibration: Activates vibration for training.
• VIRB Control: Dog collar can start or stop the VIRB action camera’s recording based on user command from the Alpha 100 handheld.
• ALPHA 100 or ASTRO 320: Compatible with the ALPHA 100 or ASTRO 320 handhelds.
• Long and Short Contacts: Includes two lengths (long and short) of removable, stainless steel, insulated contact points for reliable performance in wet conditions and extended comfort for the dog.
• Stimulation/Tone: Train each dog separately with 18 levels of continuous and momentary stimulation, or tone alerts. Traditional stimulation allows you to make quick changes (low, medium, or high) within a predetermined stimulation level (1-6), whereas linear stimulation allows progressively more stimulation from levels 1-18.
• LED Beacon Lights: LED beacon lights on the dog collar controlled by the Alpha 100, Astro 320, Astro 430 hand held for low light conditions or night use; visible up to 100 yards.
• Rescue Mode: Prolongs battery life by slowing down the rate at which it updates the Alpha 100, Astro 320, Astro 430.
• Battery Life: Includes rechargeable, user-replaceable, lithium-ion battery pack that lasts from 16 hours to 30 hours per charge.
• Rugged and Durable: Tough, durable dog device with water rating of 1 ATM (10 meters).
You will also receive the following features with your purchase of the Alpha 100 TT15 Mini System
• 1-Year Birdseye: Includes 1-year subscription of BirdsEye Satellite Imagery, which allows you to have a better-than-real-life view of your surroundings. Simply download using BaseCamp.
• Emergency Alert: Ability to send your location with an emergency alert to other Alpha users in the area.
• Multi-Dog Tracking: Track up to 20 dogs or fellow hunters when using additional Alpha 100 handhelds or TT15 (stand or mini) dog devices (may also use T5 dog devices for tracking only), each sold separately. Tracks from up to 4 miles (w/ TT15 mini or T5 mini) or 9 miles (w/ standard TT15 or T5) away, delivering their exact position as often as every 2.5 seconds.
• Preloaded Mapping: Preloaded detailed TOPO US 100k maps comparable to 1:100,00 scale USGS maps.
• Color Touchscreen: 3” color touchscreen display.
• View Dog Stats: Use the included electronic compass to measure each dog’s speed, distance and the direction being traveled, plus receive notifications when your dog is on-point or treed; also includes barometric altimeter.
• BASECAMP: Free trip-planning computer software that lets you view and organize maps, way points, routes and tracks, plus Garmin Adventures for sharing with friends, family, or fellow explores. Also lets you transfer an unlimited amount of satellite images to your handheld with your included 1-year BirdEye subscription.
• Garmin Alpha field bag: The Garmin Alpha 100 Field Bag is designed specifically to store your complete Alpha 100 Dog Tracking System. Constucted from heavy -duty nylon ballistic cloth it will last through years of use.
Can the Garmin Alpha 100 double as a GPS unit for other than hunting?
Yes, the Alpha 100 handheld can be used as a GPS unit when not training or hunting your dogs. With the Alpha 100, you are able to navigate routes, track log of 10,000 points, and save up to 4,000 waypoints on the device. You also have the map and compass functions to navigate to your destinations.
My brand new Alpha 100 handheld is ready as 0% charged after a few hours of charging, is something wrong with the handheld?
Due to new regulations and laws that require batteries to have less than 30% charge on them in order to ship on a plane or air cargo, these deeply discharged batteries will take 6-12 hours of charging in an Alpha before they will begin to show charging. In some cases, the Alpha may only “shows” 90% charge for the first couple of charges, even though the battery is completely charged. Sometimes on the first charge, the Alpha handheld might read 0% charged for up to 8 hours of charging.
What all collars are compatible with the Alpha 100 handheld?
The Alpha 100 can work with the TT15, TT10, and T5 collars (tracking only) right out of the box. The Garmin DC50 (tracking only) can also be used with the Alpha 100 after it is updated to the current software version.
Can I change the color of the TT15 Mini collar strap?
Yes, you can choose from any color of our 3/4” Ecollar Replacement Straps (#CSTRAP3).
Can I use a Garmin TT15 Mini collar on one dog and a Garmin T5 Mini collar on another dog while using the Alpha 100 handheld?
Yes, you can use any combination of TT15, TT15 Mini, TT10, T5, and T5 Mini collars with the Alpha 100. When using a T5 and T5 Mini you will only have the tracking ability.
I see it can track 4 miles line of sight, but how far out will the correction function work?
Yes, the system can reach out to 4 miles in perfect conditions, line of sight. You can use the correction function at that range too as long as its line of sight. A good rule of thumb is if you can track the dog you can use the correction function.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …