SportDOG Sport Hunter SD825 Ecollar
The SportDOG SportHunter 825 training collar offers incredible features at a remarkable price! Both the handheld transmitter and collar receiver are compact and easy to handle, and offer the range and features you need. The SportDOG Sport Hunter SD 825 is an incredibly versatile training collar and a good choice for all-around use. The SportDOG Sporthunter SD 825 is a longer range version of the SD-425. It has all the features of the SD 425 but has a slightly larger transmitter with a more powerful antenna for longer range, perfect for training in the yard, field, or for hunting with medium range working dogs. Both the transmitter and receiver are waterproof and submersible.
The 825 can be expanded to control up to three dogs by adding SportDOG Brand Add-A-Dog collars. The comfortable "soft coat" transmitter finish makes this unit a pleasure to handle.
The low continuous stimulation levels and gradual increases between levels on the SD-825 are particularly useful with sensitive dogs or breeds.
You can customize your SportDOG Sport Hunter SD-825 to match your training preference. It comes set up in MODE-1 (a 7-level continuous + 7-level momentary stimulation one dog collar with non-stimulation tone button), but it can easily be changed into 7 different modes with different button configurations.
Features of the SportDog SportHunter 825 hand held:
- 7 levels of stimulation.
- Expandable to 3 dogs.
- Maintains the tone and vibrate when running one, two or three dogs.
- 1/2 mile range.
- Hand held weighs 4.0 oz.
- When programmed to MODE 7, it is capable of remotely controlling the new SportDOG locater Beeper (sold separately).
- Easy to upgrade to 2 or 3 dogs without loss of tone / vibration feature.
- DryTek waterproof and shock proof design making it submersible to 25 ft.
- 2 hour quick charge Li-Ion batteries that are also user replaceable.
- 3-5 year lifespan with proper care.
- 40 to 60 hour run time on a full charge.
- LED battery charge indicator lets you know transmitter is finished charging.
- Small enough to hang from the included lanyard.
- Basic Training DVD and Manual included.
- Measures 7" x 1.75" x 7/8" with antenna.
- Push-button ON/OFF switch activated at the collar.
- Customizable transmitter settings -- choose from 7 pre-set modes.
- Up to 7 levels of continuous stimulation and 7 levels of momentary stimulation.
- Instantly change stimulation intensity from the transmitter (tactile dial).
- Tone only option.
- Vibration only option.
- Rechargeable, user replaceable Lithium Ion batteries in collar and transmitter.
- Backed by a Two Year Manufacturer Warranty.
The SportDOG 825 gives you the option of customizing the transmitter to fit YOUR needs. It also allows you the option of changing the stimulation set-up as your needs change in the field, or if you want different options in different situations.The modes include:
- Continuous and Momentary with Tone or Vibration button.
- 2 or 3 dog mode featuring one button per dog with either Tone or Vibration on the dial.
- Continuous and Momentary with either Tone or Vibration on the dial.
- Continuous and Momentary with Tone on the dial and SportDOG locater Beeper (sold separately).
Features of the SportDOG Sporthunter SD-825 Collar:
- Slim-profile collar design fits closer to your dog's neck.
- 3/4" black collar strap.
- Internal antenna system.
- Plastic molded case built to withstand all kinds of training and hunting conditions.
- Waterproof collar/receiver (perfect for retriever training).
- Rechargeable Li-Ion batteries are user-replaceable and heavy duty.
- Battery charge indicator and test light.
- Weighs 2.4 oz.
- Receiver Dimensions: 1" wide x 2 1/2" long x 1" thick.
- Collar Strap Dimensions: 3/4" x 28".
- Fits up to a 23" neck.
- No external collar antenna to get hung up.
Another feature in the 825 collar is the ability to change stimulation settings at the collar. The collar has a low and medium setting. This allows you the option of finding the correct range of stimulation for your dog. Lower the overall stimulation choices for more sensitive dogs and raise the levels for hard headed or stubborn ones.
You can change the collar setting at any time. You can also set collars to different levels and operate them from the transmitter. This allows you the option of working sensitive and stubborn dogs from the same transmitter. With the ability to change modes in seconds by setting the transmitter dial to the mode you want, you are able to change them for different training sessions and styles. When the recessed button on the back of the transmitter is pressed, the transmitter light then flashes back the number of the mode you have selected.
SportDOG SD-825 system contents:
- SportDOG SD 825 collar.
- SportDOG SD 825 transmitter.
- Short and long contact points.
- Adjustable black collar strap with square roller buckle and metal keeper which fits up to a 23" neck.
- User replaceable and rechargeable batteries for the collar and transmitter.
- Dual lead battery charger.
- Extra mud plug for both the transmitter and collar.
- Lanyard and belt clip for the transmitter.
- Test light.
- SportDOG Owner's Manual / Operating Guide.
- "Basic Training" booklet by Charles Jurney with Rick Smith and Tom Dokken.
- Basic Training DVD featuring pro trainers Charles Jurney, Rick Smith, Tom Dokken, and Chris Akin.
SportDOG SD-825 Batteries
- Lithium Ion batteries.
- Two hour rapid charge system for the transmitter and collar.
- User-replaceable, rechargeable batteries in the collar and transmitter.
- Get 40-60 hours "on time" between charges.
- Comes with a Dual Lead Charger letting you charge both collar and handheld at the same time.
Stimulation from the SportDOG SD825:
- Multiple intensity levels let you to choose the stimulation that is best for your dog.
- Seven intensity levels can be quickly adjusted with the dial on the side of the transmitter, meaning you can instantly adjust intensity whenever distractions increase.
- Teach yardwork/obedience and enforce known commands with lower levels of stimulation.
- Use higher levels to stop unwanted chasing or to overcome strong distractions.
- Up to 7 levels of continuous stimulation and 7 levels of momentary stimulation, depending on which mode you choose.
SportDOG SD-825 Range:
Up to 1/2 mile range which is ample for off leash dog training or for hunting with medium range field dogs. Actual range depends on training conditions, including weather, terrain, presence of cover, etc.
Can I change the operating mode on the transmitter?
Do I have to charge the transmitter and receiver at the same time?
No. They can be charged separately or at the same time if necessary.
Does beeper work without the receiver being on the collar?
Yes, the beeper can work remotely without the receiver being on the collar.
|Product ReviewsClick here to review this item|
|This collar is a necessity for our lab pup, as he gets on the scent of all kinds of things when out in the yard and might take off after them if he isnít monitored with the collar.|
|This E collar works great. The only downfall is the rubber covers to protect the charging ports are very fragile. The one on my transmitter fell off and is lost. Electric tape covers the hole. Range is sufficient. I have not had an incident where I could not transmit a correction.|
|- Chris, MD|