If you're looking for a better relationship with your dog, both at home and in the field, you've come to the right place. From puppy hood through finished bird dog, all the basic skills you and your dog will need are covered at this seminar. You will be trained to train your dog, with Rick’s guidance using his “Silent Command System”. From puppies to finished birddogs, there is something for everyone and every dog.
The event dates are May 17th thru May 19th 2019 and will be held at our facility in Port Matilda, PA, and at nearby LCS Birdog Training Grounds. Everyone should bring his or her dog. Class size is limited to 25 participants and the cost is $400. Call 1-800-662-5202 for more information or to register by phone today.
The Foundation Seminar begins with a slide presentation on Friday evening designed to overview the training process. Saturday and Sunday are spent all day in the field with you and your dog practicing training techniques that have been used for over 80 years by the Rick Smith and his family. (Inclement weather will bring the seminar indoors for lecture, demonstration and slides.) There are plenty of opportunities for individual counseling ensures that every step is mastered before moving on to more advanced work. Areas to be covered are: laying the proper foundation, yard and field training, preventing and correcting faults, bird work, natural and force retrieving, and using both the check cord and electronic collar.
Date: May 17th through May 19th 2018
Class size: Class sizes are limited to 25 participants.
Location: LCS Birdog Training Grounds
275 W. Gatesburg Rd
PA Furnace, PA 16865
Friday, May 17th - 6:00PM to 8:00PM:
- Seminar registration and refreshments at the Lion Country Supply Retail store.
- Overview of the seminar and registration.
- Presentation plus questions and answers with Rick Smith.
- You may also drive in Saturday if you want, you do not have to be here for this portion of the event.
Saturday, May 18th - 7:30AM to 5:00PM:
- Arrive by 7:30AM at LCS Birdog Training Grounds
- 8:00AM until noon - Hands on training in the field with Rick. Bring you dog and he will work one-on-one with you and teach you his "Silent Command System" step-by-step.
- Noon - Lunch at the LCS Proving Grounds provided free by Lion Country Supply.
- 1:30PM - 5:00PM - Training in the field with your dog on live birds.
Sunday, May 19th - 7:30AM to 4:00PM:
- Arrive by 7:30AM at the LCS Birdog Training Grounds.
- 8:00AM until Noon - into the fields for a day of lectures and hands on training with you and your dog.
- Noon- Lunch at the LCS Proving Grounds provided free by Lion Country Supply.
- 1:00PM - 4:00PM - Finishing dogs out, force breaking, and diplomas Awards.
What to Bring:
- Your dog and a water bowl.
- Lawn Chair
- Wonder Lead and check cord (20-30 feet).
- Waterproof boots and a jacket (weather can be fickle; anything from 35 degrees in the morning to 75 degrees in the afternoon so dress appropriately).
- Gloves; leather is best.
Traveling Directions can be provided upon request.