Owen's DIY Series Dog Box 55048W - 38 x 48 x 25
Save $450 by constructing your own dog box for your truck bed! This model has a narrow design for smaller trucks such as the Ford Ranger, Chevy S-10 and Toyota Tacoma. With some woodworking and construction skill, you can create a professional looking hunting dog box right in your own shop. No more hauling dogs in the cab with you or loose in an open truck bed when you can have them safely tucked away in your do-it-yourself dog box.
Included in this kit is a heavy duty welded two-door diamond aluminum front panel assembly with lockable stainless steel flush mount slam latches, heavy gauge aluminum corners, sliding door side vents, a complete bolt pack and detailed instructions. You will need to add 2 sheets of 4 ft. long x 8 ft. wide x ˝ in. thick plywood, 4 pieces of 2 in. x 2 in. x 8 ft. moulding, one box of 1 5/8 drywall screws, latex paint and silicon caulk. You will need a circular saw, saw horses, a jig saw, drill and screwdriver for the initial construction. Give it a pro finish with your choice of latex paint, then seal the seams with silicon caulk. Once completed, you’ll be ready to ride in style to your next hunting trip or field competition with your best buddies.
- Assembly Required
- Double Compartment Dog Box
- Standard Vents: 7 x 10 Side Vents
- Overall Dimensions: 38 W x 48 D x 25 H
- Dog Compartment: 18 W x 46 D x 23 H
- Warranty: 1 Year against Defects in Material or Workmanship
- Proudly Made in the USA!
- These DIY dog boxes include the front face with doors
- 38" wide aluminum front with a welded, rigid door frame to keep your box square and secure
- Storm door covers are included
- Heavy gauge aluminum corners for durability
- Two 7 x 10 standard vents for air flow with storm covers
- Bolt pack included
- When fully assembled with 1/2 inch plywood, your full size dog box will weigh approximately 119 lbs.
Your build your own box using the DIY kit with:
- Two 4 ft x 8 ft pieces of plywood
- Four 8 ft 2 x 2's
- Wood screws
Please note - The price shown for DIY Dog Box DOES NOT include the oversize freight charge of $30.00.
Will ship via UPS ground. please allow 5 weeks for delivery.
PLEASE NOTE: This item can not use expedited shipping! Call us for more information. 800.662.5202