Glycocharge is the ideal post exercise supplement, formulated to aid in the rapid repletion of muscle glycogen stores following periods of work or exercise. It should be given within 30 minutes following exercise. In a study on running dogs, Glycocharge supplemented dogs replenished their glycogen levels to 88% restored in 4 hours and 97% restored within 24 hours so your dog will be ready to hunt or compete the next day.
We think Glycocharge is the very best product on the market to quickly and efficiently restore essential glycogens to your dog's system without having to fill them with sugar. If you train and hunt big running, hard working dogs Glycocharge is the right product to keep them healthy and in the field. Choose from the 10 dose container, 5 lb. pail, or 16 lb. pail.
- Glycogen is one of the fuels used by the body during strenuous exercise. It is the fuel that provides endurance and is synthesized from carbohydrates.
- Previous attempts to "carbo load" dogs by feeding a high carbohydrate diet resulted in decreased performance. Dogs have a much higher capacity than humans to burn fuel aerobically. However, at high levels of activity, the muscles' need for energy cannot be met by oxidative metabolism, and muscle stores of glycogen are used.
- Post-exercise use of Annamaet Glycocharge helps rebuild muscle glycogen stores to pre-exercise levels.
- Glycocharge must be given shortly after exercise (ideally within 30 minutes) then giving dogs a 2 hour rest period following Glycocharge feeding. If given beyond the 30 minutes post exercise window its effectiveness is diminished, and if the dogs are not given at least two hours rest, Glycocharge will be burned as fuel before being converted to muscle glycogen stores.
- Versatile - Glycocharge is a dry powder that can be mixed in warm water or frozen into ice cube treats.
For each 50 lbs. of body weight - dissolve 2 scoops (enclosed) in 1 pint (.04 liter) of water and feed within 30 minutes of completing exercise. For 25 lb. dogs, use 1 scoop.
Malto Dextrins, Poultry Liver, Dried Egg Product, Dextrose, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Oxide, Iron Proteinate, Betaine Anhydrous, Brewers Dried Yeast, Zinc Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement L-Carnitine, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Calcium Iodate.
PLEASE NOTE: Additional Freight charge of $10.00 will be applied to the 16 lb pail.
Read an LCS Staff Review - Glycocharge for Dogs Review