Fenix 5x Sapphire is the rugged, capable and smart multisport training GPS watch. With feature sets for fitness training as well as the ability to link up to your Garmin Alpha 100, Garmin Astro 430, or Astro 320 to receive updates on your dogs location and other tracking data.
New Features to the Fenix 5X Sapphire
- Preloaded Maps: Ultimate multisport GPS watch with TOPO US mapping, routeable cycling maps and other outdoor navigation features.
- Battery Performance: Up to 12 weeks in smartwatch mode (depending on settings), up to 20 hours in GPS mode, and up to 50 hours in UltraTrac battery saver mode
- Round-Trip Run and Round-Trip Ride: Round-trip Run and Round-Trip Ride routing options give runners and cyclists the ability to enter distances they would like to travel and have the watch suggest appropriate course.
- At-A-Glance Guidance: Easy-to-read guidance cues provide banners on the display that show upcoming turns.
- Around Me: Around Me map mode provides points of interest, way-points, and other map objects within the display ring for a user-defined range.
- Data Overlays: Data overlays on the map highlight key information so you don't have to switch screens while in an activity.
- Tracking: GroupTrack feature allows you to keep tabs on your buddies for adventures such as skiing; LiveTrack feature allows friends to follow your adventures in real time.
- Physical Dimensions: 2.0" x 2.0" x 0.7"
- Display size: 240 x 240
- Display Type: Sunlight-visible, always-on, low-power, colorful display
- Negative Mode Display: Yes
- Weight: 3.5 oz (98g)
- Battery: Internal rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Battery Life: Up to 50 hours in UltraTrac mode; up to 20 hours in GPS Training mode; up to 12 weeks in smartwatch mode.
- Water Rating: 10 ATM/100 meters
- GLONASS: Yes
- Wireless: Bluetooth low energy, ANT+, and Wifi (Sapphire only)
- Built-in Memory: 12GB
The Fenix 3 and Fenix 5 series devices now have a Dog Tracking widget. The device software version does have to be up to date in order for the dog tracking widget to be available. Please see related content for updating the software on your device. The dog tracking widget is only functional when used with the Alpha 100, Astro 430, or Astro 320 dog tracking handheld.
In order for the widget to receive information from the dog tracking handheld Broadcast Mode must be enabled on the handheld.
To enable the Broadcast mode on the Alpha:
From the home screen on the Alpha
1. Select Setup
2. Select Dogs
3. Broadcast Dog Data is the third field on this list, it should be set to ON - this will now broadcast dog tracking information only (speed, name, distance) directly to the Fenix.
To enable the widget on the wearable:
1. Select Settings
2. Select Widgets
3. Select DogTrack
4. Select Status Show
Once the dog tracking handheld is set to Broadcast Mode and tracking a compatible dog tracking collar the wearable widget will show the dogs names, status, distance and direction from the handheld. The widget will also alert the user when the Dog has treed or is on point just like the transmitting handheld does. In order for these alerts to show on the watch the user needs to be on the widget screen. The notifications will not occur on the watch if the user is on the watch screen or another widget screen.