The Garmin Astro 430 is the new generation Garmin GPS and GLONASS tracking system for sporting dogs. It can track up to 20 dogs at a range of up to 4 miles. With a 2.5 second update rate that is twice as fast as its predecessor. So, it is quicker to pinpoint the location when dogs are on the run. Intuitive and easy to use, the Astro 430 features a vibrant 2.6 inch display, preloaded TOPO 100k mapping and an optional in-unit rechargeable battery. Also includes Hunt Metrics dog performance data to help analyze your dog's tracking patterns and behaviors, so you can train more effectively.
LCS Garmin Astro 430 Announcement Video:
New or Improved Features in the Garmin Astro 430
- Expanded Dog Capability: Track up to 20 dogs from a range of up to 4 miles.
- GPS/GLONASS: High-sensitivity GPS and GLONASS satellite reception has the ability to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone.
- Faster Update Rate: 2.5 second update rate provides faster location tracking when dogs are on the run.
- Preloaded Mapping: Includes preloaded TOPO U.S. 100K mapping and a free 1 year BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription.
- Hunt Metrics: Hunt Metrics dog performance data shows distance travelled, time afield, and more so you can train your dog more effectively.
- High Visible Design: Vibrant orange design, making it difficult to lose in the field.
- Garmin DriveTrack 70: compatible GPS navigator gives the driver a large 7 inch screen to see where dogs are located while navigating the trail.
- Wearables: Receive dog status updates and alerts at a glance using your Fenix 3 GPS watch.
- Compatible Devices: Compatible with a variety of dog devices: T5, T5 mini, TT15, TT15 mini, DC50, TT10, and newer models (provides tracking only).
- Optional Battery: Optional in unit rechargeable NiMH battery pack or uses standard AA battery power.
- Dog Notifications: Receive notifications when a dog is "Treed" or "On Point".
Returning features in the Garmin Astro 430
- Vibrant Display: Sunlight readable, glove friendly, 2.6 inch color display.
- Compass/Altimeter: 3 axis electronic compass and barometric altimeter.
- Wireless Connectivity: Wirelessly connect to a variety of compatible Garmin devices, including VIRB action cameras and the Tempe temperature sensor.
- Water Rating: Handheld device water rated to IPX7.
- Additional Mapping: MicroSD card slot and support for TOPO U.S. 24k, Garmin Hunt View, City Navigator, Garmin Custom Maps, and more. (All sold separately)
- Basecamp: Free trip planning software that lets you view and organize maps, way-points, routes, and tracks; and then share with friends, family, or fellow explorers.
T5 Mini Dog Collar Features:
- Smaller Physical Size: Designed for smaller breeds (15-50 lbs.) measuring 9.5 to 14 in neck circumference.
- Lighter Weight: T5 Mini is lighter in weight (7oz) compared to the standard T5 dog collar (9.3oz).
- Collar Sleep Mode: Allows you to save the battery life on your dog collar by turning on the sleep mode feature from the handheld.
- 3/4" Collar Straps: Compatible with 3/4" polyurethane-coated nylon collar straps; available in multiple colors (sold separately).
- LED Beacon Lights: LED beacon lights on the dog collar controlled by the Astro 320 and Alpha 100 handheld for low light conditions or night use; visible up to 100 yards.
- Astro 320 or Alpha 100: Compatible with the Astro 320 or Alpha 100 handhelds.
- GPS/GLONASS: Top-mounted, high-sensitivity GPS and GLONASS receiver for increased signal reception; T5 mini dog collar includes orange GPS antenna on top so its easy to distinguish during competitions that do not allow stimulation, tone, or vibration.
- Rescue Mode: Prolongs battery life by slowing down the rate of which it updates the Astro 320 or Alpha 100.
- Battery Life: Includes rechargeable, user-replaceable, lithium-ion battery pack that lasts from 16 to 30 hours per charge.
- Rugged and Durable: Tough, durable dog device with water rating of 1ATM (10 meters).
Read an LCS Astro 320 and Astro 430 Comparison - LCS Astro 320 and Astro 430 Comparison