Save an additional $100.00 with Garmin's mail-in rebate offer!
Click here to view the rebate form.
Offer expires 2/25/2018!
The Garmin Astro 430 is the new generation Garmin GPS and GLONASS tracking system for sporting dogs. It can track up to 20 dogs at a range of up to 9 miles. With a 2.5 second update rate that is twice as fast as its predecessor. So, it is quicker to pinpoint the location when dogs are on the run. Intuitive and easy to use, the Astro 430 features a vibrant 2.6 inch display, preloaded TOPO 100k mapping and an optional in-unit rechargeable battery. Also includes Hunt Metrics dog performance data to help analyse your dog's tracking patterns and behaviors, so you can train more effectively.
LCS Garmin Astro 430 Announcement Video:
New or Improved Features in the Garmin Astro 430
- Expanded Dog Capability: Track up to 20 dogs from a range of up to 9 miles.
- GPS/GLONASS: High-sensitivity GPS and GLONASS satellite reception has the ability to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone.
- Faster Update Rate: 2.5 second update rate provides faster location tracking when dogs are on the run.
- Preloaded Mapping: Includes preloaded TOPO U.S. 100K mapping and a free 1 year BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription.
- Hunt Metrics: Hunt Metrics dog performance data shows distance travelled, time afield, and more so you can train your dog more effectively.
- High Visible Design: Vibrant orange design, making it difficult to lose in the field.
- Garmin DriveTrack 70: compatible GPS navigator gives the driver a large 7 inch screen to see where dogs are located while navigating the trail.
- Wearables: Receive dog status updates and alerts at a glance using your Fenix 3 GPS watch.
- Compatible Devices: Compatible with a variety of dog devices: T5, T5 mini, TT15, TT15 mini, DC50, TT10, and newer models (provides tracking only).
- Optional Battery: Optional in unit rechargeable NiMH battery pack or uses standard AA battery power.
- Dog Notifications: Receive notifications when a dog is "Treed" or "On Point".
Returning features in the Garmin Astro 430
- Vibrant Display: Sunlight readable, glove friendly, 2.6 inch color display.
- Compass/Altimeter: 3 axis electronic compass and barometric altimeter.
- Wireless Connectivity: Wirelessly connect to a variety of compatible Garmin devices, including VIRB action cameras and the Tempe temperature sensor.
- Water Rating: Handheld device water rated to IPX7.
- Additional Mapping: MicroSD card slot and support for TOPO U.S. 24k, Garmin Hunt View, City Navigator, Garmin Custom Maps, and more. (All sold separately)
- Basecamp: Free trip planning software that lets you view and organize maps, way-points, routes, and tracks; and then share with friends, family, or fellow explorers.
T5 Tracking Collar Features:
- T5 Collar can be configured to work with either the Garmin Astro or the Garmin Alpha.
- Top-mounted, high sensitivity, GLONASS-enabled satellite receiver.
- 22.5” braided-steel antenna, with 18.5” antenna available as an option.
- User-configurable Rescue Mode to extend battery life.
- Updates dog positions every 2.5, 5, 10, 30, or 120 seconds.
- Easy-to-replace 27”x1” collar strap (no tools needed).
- Extreme waterproofing (up to 10 meters, or ~33 feet).
- Rechargeable, replaceable Lithium Ion Battery.
Read an LCS Astro 320 and Astro 430 Comparison - LCS Astro 320 and Astro 430 Comparison
Can the Garmin Astro track collars that are paired up with the Garmin Alpha 100?
Yes, the Astro 430 will be able to see devices paired up with the Alpha 100 or any other Astro 430s. This is because the Astro 430 and Alpha 100 work on the same frequency, but you will not be able to see devices that are linked up with the Astro 220 or Astro 320.
What all collars can I pair up with the Astro 430?
The Astro 430 works with the DC50, T5, T5 Mini, TT15, TT15 Mini, and the TT10 collars. The DC50 will need to be updated before use. All of these collars when paired with the Astro 430 will be tracking only.
How many collars can I have paired up with my Astro 430?
You can pair 20 collars with your Astro 430. The Astro 320 was able to be paired up with 10 collars, but Garmin upgraded this ability with the Astro 430 and also changed the frequency that it runs on to the same that the Garmin Alpha 100 runs on too.