Garmin Alpha TT15 Extra Collar
IMPORTANT NOTICE - Due to circumstances outside of our control and restrictions in place by Garmin we are unable to ship any Garmin GPS related products outside the United States until further notice. We apologize for the inconvenience.
The Garmin TT15 dog tracking and training device with 1” collar is for use with either the Garmin Alpha 100, Garmin Astro 320 (tracking only), or Garmin Astro 430 (tracking only). With a rechargeable battery, the TT15 provides 18 levels of continuous and momentary stimulation, plus audible tone and vibration modes. Water-rated to 32 feet and tough enough to run wherever your dog runs, up to nine miles away. They now have LED beacon lights built-in as well as vibration mode that can be activated remotely. Featuring the new GLONASS technology installed in the receiver antenna that is top mounted for higher sensitivity. Add one to your Garmin GPS for increased training options, or an extra collar! The Garmin Alpha 100 TT15 Extra Collar Comes With a Red Collar Strap! Ask your favorite LCS salesperson to explain the new features of this collar, as well as other Garmin Dog collars. You saw it first again at Lion Country Supply.
This e-collar adds new features to the original Alpha TT10 tracking and training collar. New features are:
- A high-sensitivity GPS/GLONASS receiver that is top mounted for increased signal reception due to the tracking device picking up both the United States GPS for GPS tracking and Russian GLONASS satellites for an enhanced tracking system.
- Non-stimulating vibration and tone (use as a warning prior to tone, or as a silent recall).
- LED remote beacon lights.
- Can be tracked by the Garmin Alpha Tracking System (Alpha 100) or Astro 320 handheld (but not at the same time).
- Can be used as a tracking collar only by placing in tracking mode only for competitions as a GPS collar only for dog tracking.
- VIRB control on the collar allows you to start or stop VIRB video recording with the Alpha handheld, whether you are using as a hunting dog collar, or for training or fun.
- Top-mounted, high-sensitivity GPS / GLONASS receiver gives better signal reception than GPS alone.
- Compatible with the Astro 320 (tracking functions only).
- VIRB CONTROL on the collar lets you start or stop VIRB video recording with the Alpha handheld (VIRB camera not included).
- Non-stimulating Vibration function.
- Remote activated LED light beacons for low light conditions.
- User replaceable 1" collar strap fits neck sizes between 13" and 22".
- Braided Steel collar antenna takes all the abuse a hunting dog can give it.
- USB port on collar for software updates and exporting additional GPS dog data.
- 18 levels of both Continuous and Momentary Stimulation.
- Waterproof (1 ATM -- 10 meters) TT-15 Collar is an improved designed based on the popular TT-10 collar.
- TOPO Maps and 1 Year Birds Eye with TT15 Combo.
- Chargers Included.
- Weight: 10 oz. with collar strap and antenna.
- Height: 1.75 inches.
- Width: 3.5 inches.
- Depth: 1.85 inches.
- Battery Life: 20-40 hours.
- Battery Type: Rechargeable Lithium-ion pack; user replaceable.
- Interface: USB
- Water rating: 1 ATM (10 meters).
- High-sensitivity GPS/GLONASS receiver: Yes
- GPS Antenna: Top, Black.
- Stimulation/Vibration/Tone: Yes
- LED Beacon Lights: Yes
- Rescue Mode: Yes
- Frequency Mode: MURS (The T5 and TT15 are only compatible with the Astro® 320, Astro 430, and Alpha™ 100. The T5 and TT15 can be configured for operation with either handheld but cannot be tracked simultaneously by both the Astro 320 and the Alpha 100).
- Replaceable Collar Straps: Yes
- Collar Compatibility: 1" (2.54 cm).
Rechargeable lithium-ion pack. Estimated 20-40 hours of battery life, depending on update rate. For instance, if the update rate is 2.5 seconds you may experience 20 hours of battery life. If the update rate is changed up to 60 seconds, you may experience 40 hours of battery life. Rescue mode preserves and extends battery life providing more time to locate the dog.
What is in the Box
- TT15 dog device with rechargeable Li-ion battery pack
- 1” red collar strap (18 1/2" to 22 1/2" long)
- Standard 18” antenna mounted on collar
- Extended- range 22” antenna enclosed
- Charge clip
- AC adapter
- Vehicle power cable
- Contact points (short and long)
|Garmin TT15 Manual|
Can the Alpha TT15 be tracked at the same time with an Alpha100 an Astro320?
No. Although the TT15 can be tracked by either an Alpha100 or Astro320, it cannot be tracked at the same time by both since the collar has to be either in the Astro mode (tracking only) or Alpha Mode (track and train).
What’s the difference between the TT10 and the TT15 collar?
The TT15 has vibration, while the TT10 does not.
Does the TT15 have tone and vibration?
What is GPS/GLONASS?
The United States obtains tracking through GPS. Those U.S. satellites normally encircle the equator and may not always have the maximum effect, especially at northern latitudes. GLONASS uses Russian satellites that circle the earth in a relative position that is more northern. GPS combined with GLONASS allows a tracking device to obtain the highest degree of dependability and accuracy.
I’m interested in the VIRB camera. How does the TT15 work with that?
The collar allows you to start or stop the VIRB video while using the Alpha handheld.
Does it come with a warranty?
Yes. It comes with an One(1) Year Warranty.
|Product ReviewsClick here to review this item|
|Great collar. Strong signal and good batteries|
|Garmin TT15 collar|
|Excellent collar. Dual purpose tracking collar.|
|Two crazy Boykin Spaniels|
|I purchased the extra collar because I have two Spaniels one Renegade Green Collar and one Chief Orange Collar This system is the Best I have constant knowledge where they are and what they are doing. I have been bird hunting all over Florida, Kansas, South Dakota for many years this system is the best I have seen. It even logs the tracks for later review on unit or computer.|
|- Scottie, FL|
|Alpha TT15 Extra Collar Bird Hunter Review|
|My hunting expeditions take me to the north, south, and west and as anyone who breeds, raises, trains, sells, hunts, or trials bird dogs; besides the overall general health we all worry about losing our dogs. This system overall has provided a sense of comfort to me and my hunting parties now for over three years and I cant believe we did without these units for so long. For someone that has lost dogs in the northwoods for days on end in wolf country and dogs that takea big edge in the prairies and found themselves miles upon miles away after a big cast, no dog of mine will be loosed in a hunt or trial without a TT15. The overall physical design of the collar has survived the heavy underbrush and wet conditions for over three years now with no antennae changes or modifications required. Each collar collar is coordinated with the handheld color corresponding for each individual dog for quick access and ease of use. Regarding overall design, the only reason this collar did not get 5 stars was due to the weight of the unit. Not that the weight hinders the dogs performance, but the weight is something to consider if you run dogs 30 lbs. and smaller. Garmin/Tri-Tronics has remedied this with the TT-15 Mini but I have three TT-15s before the Minis were released. Functionally, the controls themselves on the collar are simple to use and remember. No fumbling for manuals or trying to get cell signal to try and remember how to turn off the unit or other functions. Charging the collar is simple enough, however, if you run multiple units during the course of a hunting trip or day, there can be a lot of charging cables and plugs involved which is to be expected for anything that is rechargeable. Another, cool innovation is the incorporating of integral features with Garmin brand watches but due to said watches price, dont think I will be able to afford one unless I am willing to part with a kidney in the near future. Price overall could be adjusted as well given the involvement of competitor products within this niche. Overall, could not recommend enough. The comfort of dog location alone is worth so much.|
|- Pathfork Kennel, KY|
|Really like the garmin tt-15 collars have several, not many problems with them, any issues tech support has been good. Would be nice when ordering extras you could request collar color instead of getting it then having to purchase another collar so you are not running same collar, I match collar colors to dogs.|
|- rob trivette, MO|
|Roses Kansas Blueticks|
|This tracking unit gets a thumbs up from me. Excellent customer service from Garmin and Lion Country Supply. I use the birds eye view on the map and would go no other way. Takes a little time to set up but Lion Country helped me get it set up. If you dont have this product and are hesitant dont delay you will never regret buying one.|
|- Rodney Rose, KS|
|Dependable equipment. Seems to work with minimum glitches|
|I thought the beep-beep collars of years ago would be difficult to improve. Now that the Alpha and TT15 have arrived, I have a beep-beep system for sale.|
|- Dale Shoop, PA|
|Excellent long range tracking/training collar with rare lapses of contact. Would like the immediate ability to stimulate at different levels.|
|Works as described. No problems. A little pricy but well worth it for me.|
|- Jesse Payne, TX|
|The best product I ever use|
|Alpha TT15 extra collar|
|These collars perform flawlessly for bird hunting in unfamiliar territory. One never need to worry about losing a dog. A huge relief! Also, Lion Country service is the best! The collar arrived in 1 day!|
|TT-15, best collar in the business.|
|What a relief it is to charge half as many collars, carry half as many units, and have your dogs more comfortable with half as many collars on! Having the capability to track and train in one handheld and on one collar is amazing!! So glad we switched!|
|- Josh, PA|
|Great product, but MAC user be warned!|
|Love the Garmin Alpha 100 and TT15 collar combination, but just had to bitch. Hunting season is just about to start. Just updated both products using my iMac, only to find out that the TT15 collars are not Mac compatible. Not only does my collar not work any more, since I tried updating using a Mac, I now have to try and find someone that has a PC to fix the update. This was the only solution provided when I called Garmin support. UGH!! Ive switched completely to apple products, home and office, so now Im stuck until I can find someone to help me out. BS!!! LCS, please contact Garmin and encourage them to make their products compatible with both Mac and PCs. Very frustrated.|
|- Jim Schneider, MI|